Countries like China, Singapore, Philippines and Malaysia are increasing their expenditure on facilities for MICE tourism. Asia continues to be the driving force in global tourism. The key factor behind Asia becoming the favourite among business travellers is its top notch convention centres. There are numerous world class convention centres providing state-of-the-art facilities for multifarious MICE events. We have made a list of the Five Best MICE Venues in Asia. The services, the infrastructure, the location, the audio-video facilities; everything is exceptional in these convention centres.
Singapore Expo Convention & Exhibition Centre
This is the largest convention and exhibition centre in Singapore. Managed by Singex Venues Pte Ltd. Singapore EXPO Convention and Exhibition Centre was inaugurated in 1999. It is one of the completely equipped MICE venues in Asia. Singapore Expo is served by its own station on the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) route. The centre is the next station from Changi airport.
- Convention and Exhibition halls 1-6: Each hall has 10,000 sq. m. of column free indoor space. The design and layout of the halls allows for 60,000 sq. m. of contiguous space for large-scale events,
- Halls 7-9: Each hall offers 10,000 sq. m. of column free space. The design and layout of the halls allows for 30,000 sq. m. of contiguous space,
- Conference Halls G, H, J and K: Four ground-level, column-free conference halls well suited for compact meetings,
- MAX Atria: Spacious foyers ideal as pre-function or light exhibition areas. Ten purpose built halls with 123,000 sq. m. space for indoor convention and exhibition,
- V-rooms: customised, flexible multi-purpose “In-Hall” designed and built mobile rooms ideal for board meetings, In-hall meetings, etc.,
- Modern audio-visual equipment and acoustically-treated walls,
- Sophisticated tiered seating arrangements,
- Open-air car park area of 8,000 sq. m., which can also be converted into spaces for mini exhibitions, product launches etc.,
- Other amenities include ATMs, a fully furnished Business Centre, Wi-Fi, 3.5 G mobile coverage connectivity, a licensed money changer, nursing rooms, prayer rooms and stationery supplies,
- Parking space for 2,200 vehicles.
Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore
The Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre offers more than 120,000 square metres or 1.3 million square feet of meeting space, making it one of the largest and most flexible locations in Asia. It is also the biggest MICE facility in Singapore. The ballroom is the largest in Southeast Asia, capable of hosting up to 11,000 delegates at one time. Some prestigious events hosted in the centre are World Cities Summit 2012, 6th International Olympic Athlete Forum 2013, etc.
- Five floors of exhibition and convention space,
- Up to 2,000 exhibition booths and 250 meeting rooms,
- Can accommodate up to 45,000 delegates,
- A comprehensive one-stop event and exhibition solution provider that offers services ranging from technical needs like audio visual equipment to stage set-up and logistics,
- Grand Ballroom which can be configured into 16 rooms to hold smaller groups of a few hundred people.
Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre
It is one of the largest multi-purpose convention and exhibition facilities in the centre of the city. It has hosted some of the world’s biggest meetings, exhibitions and conventions – including the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) World Bank Congress in 1994, World Economic Forum’s East Asia Economic Summit, which has been held here several times. The centre has recently created a new Guinness World Record for having the “Largest High-definition Video Wall”.
- 31 meeting rooms, area ranges from 27 sq. m. to 253 sq. m.,
- Four Exhibition halls spread over a space of 12,000 sq. m.,
- Three Convention halls with a total area of 12,000 sq. m.,
- A concourse, gallery and theatre with area of 930, 3180, and 624 sq. m. respectively.
AsiaWorld-Expo, Hong Kong
AsiaWorld–Expo is Asia’s only column-free, ground-level exhibition, convention and events venue built over 70,000 sq. m. and is fully integrated with one of the world’s best airports, Hong Kong International Airport. The centre has hosted a number of successful, large-scale international exhibitions, including ITU TELECOM WORLD 2006, a series of China Sourcing Fairs and the Asian Aerospace International Expo and Congress.
- AsiaWorld–Arena Hall: The biggest purpose-built indoor seated entertainment arena in Hong Kong with a maximum capacity of 14,000,
- AsiaWorld–Summit: Hong Kong’s largest indoor conference and banquet venue that seats 700 to 5,000 persons
- Runway 11: Conference and function hall for 500 to 3,800 guests.
Guangzhou International Convention And Exhibition Centre, China
The centre is possibly the largest convention centre in the world with 1,131,000 sq. m. of space and also has the world’s largest exhibition hall of 157,935.21 sq. m. The centre is located on Pazhou Isle near the southern bank of the Zhujiang River (Pearl River). It is an ideal place for foreign trade, business communication and technological exhibitions. A variety of events are organized at the centre like the SF China, SF Expo China, Coatexpo China, ChinaCoat and many more.
- Indoor exhibition area of 338,000 sq. m.,
- Outdoor exhibition area of 43,600 sq. m.,
- Hall A, where the indoor exhibition area is of 130,000 sq. m., the outdoor exhibition area is of 30,000 sq. m.,
- Hall B indoor exhibition area of 128,000 sq. m., the outdoor exhibition area of 13,600 sq. m.,
- Hall C with indoor exhibition area of 80,000 sq. m.,
- 10,200 internationally standardized exhibition booths,
- 1,800 open-floor parking spaces and 40 parking spaces for large-size vehicles.
The versatility, the amenities, the hospitality and the infrastructure all these aspects combine to make these the Five Best MICE Venues in Asia.