Kuala Lumpur (KL) is the most populous city in Malaysia and the federal capital of the country. The city now boasts of world class facilities, leaving the humble past of being a small mining town behind. This 130 years old saga of development makes Kuala Lumpur rub shoulders with the world’s top notch MICE destinations. This popular city provides facilities to events ranging from small meetings to the grand international conventions. Each venue offers huge space, flexibility and a considerable range of technical facilities. The brilliant transportation and communication system of Kuala Lumpur ensure the unhindered running of the events. The numerous recreational facilities serve as additional attractions for the visiting delegates. The city has a chain of landmarks worth visiting too. The rich and colourful arts, culture and lifestyle and the variety and fusion of food also spellbind the visitors.
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC)
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre is considered the best convention centre in Asia. This ‘city within the city’ is purposefully built for international, local and regional conventions and events. KLCC is the city’s most technologically advanced place with world class facilities. The place has witnessed many important international events and is also the Winner of the Best Exhibition and Convention Centre in Asia award by Travel Weekly Asia Industry Awards 2007. The Centre is ISO 9001; ISO 22000 and OHSAS 18001 certified and achieved the Green Globe Benchmarked status in 2007. KLCC is a member of ICCA, AIPC, UIA and UFI. The place is 75 km from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport and the light rail facility is one kilometre from KLCC.
- Gigantic 5 Star 1,500 rooms accommodation facility on site, and a further 12,000 rooms in 4 and 5 star properties within 10 minutes’ distance.
- The Centre is strategically located within the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) overlooking the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and the 50 acre KLCC Park with a total space of 215,935 sq. ft.
- Recreational amenities include a six story Suria KLCC shopping centre, Petrosains (interactive science discovery centre), Dewan Filharmonik, home of the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra and Aquaria KLCC, a world class, next generation aquarium with marine and land bound animals.
- The meeting room facilities cover 5 levels with natural daylight and park view from the circulation spaces. The exhibition halls are on the ground level, the main conference and banqueting halls are on level 3 and the support areas are over levels 3 and 4.
- There is a 3,000 seat Plenary Hall, 500 seat Plenary Theatre, both with simultaneous interpretation, fold away chair tables, full conference and voting system and fixed stage.
- KLCC has wireless connectivity, the latest in telecommunications, digital audio visual and lighting facilities. Moreover, the Centre can arrange for specialized AV equipment if required by organizers.
- KLCC has an in house catering with 51 chefs and banqueting service offering high quality cuisine for the events.
Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Seri Pacific Hotel is a prime choice for the organisers because of its convenient and strategic location. It is adjacent to the wonderful Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC).
- 129,166 square feet of state of the art overall meeting and exhibition space,
- 560 bed rooms,
- 14 function rooms,
- Facility of wireless access,
- Internet access in all rooms,
- Grand ball room with luxurious accommodation.
Berjaya Times Square Hotel & Convention Centre
Banquet Kitchens at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur is certified Halal by JAKIM (Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia/Department of Islamic Development Malaysia). The hotel is easily accessible by monorail, small tunnel and the KL Putrajaya Highway. This is another convenient MICE venue for many MICE organisers.
- The hotel has a 2000 pax capacity pillar less ball room,
- Luxurious executive lounge,
- 650 bed rooms,
- 8 function rooms,
- Wireless access,
- Time taken to reach the nearby Berjaya Time Square Convention Centre is just 2 minutes.
Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Concorde Hotel is at a distance of 15 minutes’ on foot and 3 minutes car ride from the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. The distance of this hotel from the airport can be made in an hour. The hotel is one of the most strategically located hotels in Kuala Lumpur and is preferred for business travels and corporate events.
- 8 meeting rooms
- A ballroom that is able to accommodate up to 800 persons supported by full range of audio visual equipment and complemented by an Executive Business Centre, which offers a wide scope of professional communication and secretarial services
- 584 bed rooms
- 17 function rooms
- Wireless access
- Internet access in all rooms
Dorsett Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Dorsett Regency Hotel is located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur. From here, just a meagre distance needs to be covered to reach Malaysia’s finest shopping malls, tourist and entertainment spots. The KLCC and Petronas Twin Towers are also at a walking distance through the air-conditioned link bridge.
- Wi-Fi internet access and docking stations
- State of the art facilities for business conferences, meetings and events
- 320 bed rooms
- 5 function rooms, able to cater for 10 to 200 persons
- 24 hour business centre
MICE in Kuala Lumpur is a different experience. Kuala Lumpur is decked with spots worth visiting post the MICE event. The view from the top of the Petronas Towers, the world’s tallest twin towers is mind-blowing. The 50 acre KLCC Park and the long chain of restaurants facing it are worth a glance. The Kuala Lumpur Tower, the Batu caves and the Merdeka Square also conjoin the Kuala Lumpur travel itinerary. Central Market, china town, little India provide a refreshing shopping break between heavy meeting schedules. Kuala Lumpur is a perfect blend of business, work and pleasure. The city is one of the most sought after MICE venues of the world.