We already talked about the Five Best Convention Centres of the world. Continuing the series, we bring you the remaining Five Best Convention Centres in the World that sell like hot cakes when it comes to organizing a MICE event. A much-ahead-of-time booking is highly recommended if you want to organize your events in any of these well-equipped MICE venues of the world.
International Convention Centre, Durban
The International Convention Centre in Durban is Africa’s leading conference facility and among the world’s best conference centres. This largest column free area and multipurpose space in Africa has the most advanced technologies for hosting events.
- Fully air-conditioned, six interlinked but separate convention halls.
- Central location and close to the airport.
- Movable walls allowing customised utilisation of space, as plenary seating for up to 12,300 delegates or raked seating for 3,880 delegates or one large venue of 9250 sq. m. of flat free floor space.
- Three outdoor courtyard venues of over 1000 sq. m. space.
- Up to 25 meeting rooms.
- A business complex offering banking and foreign exchange facilities, medical services, stationery and postal services.
While in Durban
The vibrant city of Durban is the capital of KwaZulu-Natal and is a potpourri of myriad ethnic groups and cultures. The warm winters and easy accessibility make it a favourite with tourists who arrive here not only for the sun and sand but also to sample the other attractions the city has to offer.
You can choose from many lovely beaches including the Addington or Dairy beaches. There is plenty of fun, food and nightlife to be experienced in the Golden Mile (the road running along the main beaches). You could also head towards Durban’s famous South Coast or North Coast with their ever popular holiday resorts. Fascinating game parks, the snake park, the St Lucia Wetland Park and the Drakensberg Mountains are also a few must-sees.
Did You Know?
- Durban is the 3rd largest city in South Africa and its busiest port.
- Vasco da Gama named it as Rio de Natal.
- Mahatma Gandhi began his political journey in Durban.
- The African Craft Market is perfect for Zulu beadwork and crafts.
- Durban is one of the leading surfing destinations in South Africa.
Messe Wien Exhibition and Congress Center, Vienna
This centre is located in the ‘Prater’ area of Vienna, 30 minutes away from the airport and close to the heart of the city. Offering state of the art facilities, it is the perfect venue for hosting high-profile events and exhibitions. This centre has made Vienna an important landmark in the conference venues map.
- Five buildings with different functions linked by covered walkways.
- Three halls with 46,000 sq. m. gross exhibition space.
- A 9000 sq. m. multi-purpose facility.
- Flexibility of space usage of the five function areas.
- Parking for up to 4300 vehicles.
While in Vienna
Vienna is often called the cultural capital of Europe. Situated on the banks of the River Danube, it combines a rich cultural tradition of arts and history with all the modern amenities of a city. While in Vienna, do not miss the Schonbrunn Palace, Belvedere Palace, St Stephens Cathedral or the Museum of Fine Arts. The amazing Butterfly House has a collection of hundreds of live beautiful butterflies in a natural rain forest environment. Vienna, the city of music, has been home to legends like Mozart, Beethoven and Strauss. The city is alive with operas, dance, theatre and film festivals. Mariahilfer Strasse, the city’s prime shopping area, is for those who love shopping. It has many boutiques and cafes selling wonderful confectionary.
Did You Know?
- Vienna is home to Tiergarten Schonbrunn, the world’s oldest zoological garden.
- The famous Giant Wheel in Prater area is one of Vienna’s most popular tourist attractions.
- Vienna has tombs of Beethoven, Strauss, Brahm, Schubert and several other world famous personalities in its Zentralfriedhof cemetery.
- German is the official language of Vienna.
- The largest emerald in the world (2860 carats) is displayed in the Imperial Treasury in Vienna.
Riocentro Convention Center, Rio de Janeiro
Voted the best convention centre in South America by WTA, Riocentro has world class facilities and has hosted many international events of importance. Located in Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, it is the largest exhibition centre in Latin America.
- Total space of 571,000 sq. m.
- Total exhibition space of 100,000 sq. m.
- Parking lot with 7000 spaces.
- Multifunctional auditorium with 4500 seating capacity.
- 16 modular meeting rooms with 270 seating capacity.
- Wi-Fi network, telecommunications station, heliport.
- A huge tropical garden with pond.
While in Rio de Janeiro
The world landmark statue of Christ the Redeemer looms benevolently over the ‘Cidade Maravilhosa’ or the ‘Marvellous City’ of Rio de Janeiro. It has everything the tourist heart longs for – splendid mountains, lovely beaches and beautiful rainforests. First on the tourist homage list is the iconic Christ the Redeemer Statue on Corcovado Mountain. The Sugar Loaf Mountain with its fantastic views and cable car ride is also popular. The Botanical Gardens house fascinating species of plants and birds. The beautiful beaches like Copabanca, the Ilha de Paqueta Island and the National Historical Museum are also must visit tourist hot spots.
Did You Know?
- The best time to visit The Redeemer is by evening when the view is particularly beautiful.
- Rio de Janeiro was the capital of Brazil for almost 200 years.
- Rio de Janeiro means the river of January.
- The Maracana, one of the world’s most spectacular stadiums, is in Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro is Brazil’s second largest city.
- Christ the Redeemer statue is around 40 m. tall and is counted among the Seven Wonders of the World.
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC)
The KLCC, recently voted as the ‘Best Convention Center in Asia’, is a 40-hectare ‘city within a city’ including the KLCC Park and the Petronas Twin Towers. This world class facility has hosted several international events, exhibitions and shows.
- Plenary Hall with 2 levels having seating capacity of 3,000. It has state of the art audio-visual, sound and lighting facilities; digital conferencing voting systems; interactive microphone system; built in simultaneous interpretation system.
- Exhibition Halls with 9,710 sq. m. space, which can be divided into 4 halls; seating capacity 3500; complete catering facilities.
- Conference Hall with 1800 theatre style seating capacity, which can be divided into 3 halls with technologically advanced audio-visual and lighting systems.
- 20 Meeting rooms with flexible partitioning facilities to accommodate 43-220 people; rooms have data channels and telecommunications facilities.
- Banquet Hall with 740 people theatre style seating.
- Grand ballroom with 2000 banquet seating capacity.
While in Kuala Lumpur
In 130 years, Kuala Lumpur has grown from a small mining town to this world class city that it is today. A mix of modernity and tradition, this wonderful city has many landmarks worth visiting. Foremost is the Petronas Towers, the world’s tallest twin towers. The view from the top is breath taking. The 50-acre KLCC Park and the long row of upmarket restaurants facing it are not to be missed either. The Kuala Lumpur Tower with its superb views, the beautiful ‘arches and minarets’ railway station, the Batu caves and the Merdeka Square are all popular tourist spots. If shopping beckons, head towards the Central Market selling Malaysian craft items or drive a hard bargain at China Town or the bustling Little India.
The Convention Centre Dublin
This fantastic Convention Centre Dublin with its state of the art conference facilities is definitely on the international conference centre map. It has positioned Ireland as on the world stage for international conferences, meetings and events.
- 22 purpose-built meeting rooms.
- Auditorium with 2000 seats.
- 4,500 sq. m. of exhibition space.
- Theatre capacity for 3,000 delegates in The Forum.
- Banqueting facilities for up to 2,000 guests.
- Intimate boardrooms, large and small halls and meeting rooms.
- Cutting edge technology and Wi-Fi throughout.
- 20 minutes from Dublin airport.
While in Dublin
Dublin, the capital city of Ireland, is a favourite with tourists for its historical tours, sight-seeing, shopping, restaurants and bars and the vibrant night life and last but not the least, the famed Irish hospitality. Trinity College, containing millions of books and priceless manuscripts, attracts many visitors who admire its beautiful architecture. The Guinness Storehouse with its giant pint glass shape houses the popular Gravity Bar and affords a spectacular view of Dublin. Not to be missed also include the St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin Castle, the National Museums, Kilmainham Gaol and the National Gallery of Ireland. Finally, do not miss the fun, food and shopping at Temple Bar.
Did You Know?
- Ten million glasses of the famous Dublin ‘black pint’, Guinness, are produced daily all over the world.
- 48 per cent of Dublin’s population is less than 35 years old.
- The Phoenix Park in Dublin is the largest city park in Europe.
- Dublin means Black Pool (Dubh Linn) which was on the site of the present Dublin Castle garden.
- Dublin is reputed to have 666 licensed pubs.
- Dublin houses the world’s only Leprechaun Museum.